I am lawyer in Delhi From zero to zenith it has always been wait and watch for me-always belying myself that- may be - not again.They say: poor is not the one who is without money only but the one who is booted and humiliated by all and sundry. I am exactly the one!!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

My urdu medium school

I hated my new school because of the filth, social environment and ill mannered and bad tempered teachers. Every teacher carried a stick a duster and a cane. Even if you visited casually any time you'd find students being caned in one class or the other!
It was my first day, my admission was late. The teacher – the science teacher Mr. Ya made all the students stand and he went about his ritualistic beatings on the out stretched palms. I almost fainted out of fear and shame and lo my turn came. I was trembling with fear .I extended my palm at last lest the cane rained all over my body..
I struggled to read the Urdu text while other students were fluent.
My parents took pity on me and bought me elementary books and encouraged me to read newspaper headings.
My aunt Husna would give me lessons and made me revise.
I was promoted on trial may be because of my Cousin sister who was head teacher of the girl section which ran in the morning from 6-11 am.
I passed my madhyamiki.e high school by the skin of my teeth. I passed in third division. I had prayed to God that I would not ask for anything more.
Similarly I passed my higher Secondary School in third division……

No comments: